There is heaps going on in our small town.
Links to details of various community groups in Karamea can be found in our website’s directory with some further info here:
- Karamea Estuary Enhancement Project (KEEP) holds regular working bees and currently manages the Hokioi sculpture project
- Winter School is an annual month-long series of workshops and talks in June organised by Karamea Arts Council lead by locals for locals in the spirit of sharing
- Oparara Reserve Project is a partnership between local community, DoC and Karamea Area School focussing on preserving a stand of native bush at the Reserve and re-wilding the surrounding wetland
- Oparara Valley Trust maintain the Valley track and run the Honeycomb Cave Tours.
- Karamea Info and Resource Centre is the go to place for information on local attractions, walking conditions and for booking Cave Tours.
- Abundance Share Karamea (ASK) hosts a weekly abundance share and a space for abundance to be shared for free
- The Shed/ Shop - A social enterprise, where locals can sell their produce and crafts .
- Clean Streams Karamea is a native nursery / riparian planting project
- The Free shop at the Dump is a treasure trove of pre-loved items too good to chuck away. Open Wed Fri Sun 9-1pm
If you would like to add to this list get in touch