Comments (35)

SS Ferneliza 27 Jun 2015

Okay the Island girl is going tribal on yer asses!

ummm I mean, my hands up in regards to the tribal zone, Cheers. Sina

dguppy 27 Jun 2015

Zoning.....

I feel the feeling of the winter solstice layout worked well for a stage/fire huddle and was snugged out of the fresh crispy breezes.

Should that become Resonance Community Stage in the summertime then the ideal campsites surrounding that area become changed possibly from family camping into ????...... little pockets of associated community happs such as sculpture installations????? camping for those who love sleeping next to community stages.?????

To break the original mould is bold, unsettling ( wheres the flying fox gonna go...????).  yet challenging

Mixing it up and keeping it fresh is surely something to consider. If the kidzone moves into the wide open spaces across the road then family camping should follow it into the riverside forest possibly though would be close to tribal which depending on peoples late night animal skin doof enthusiasm, could make it a noisy place to camp.

Very important we consider family sleep/play/safe balance.......that river edge is a bit dodgy for young uns that may wander.....

Having kidzone out in the open means more potential for organised open field games, frisbee, cricket etc..... and complemented by unicycle riding and such. Also more sun exposure.....

Also market/cafe space fits well within site of community stage so thoughts for that too....

Did we get a good debrief as to how the market/cafe ran???? I beleive it wasnt ideal for Dion to shut down during dinner time as the kitchen was used for artists/volunteers....... set up in general was pretty cool...... Dion not being a computer user will need a platform to put out his thoughts on that at some stage.

Also with the way that sea is starting to eat into the riverbank/forest, ideas need to be tabled on erosion prevention.... possibly in a new thread....

Should formal commitments be called upon the kidzone is still the zone for me with possible room depending on work commitments to stretch over to other aspects also......

:)

dwagner 29 Jun 2015

Hi,

I have joined! I'm in!

I can definately put my hand up for flag care, creation and maintenance. I would like to create large fabric patchworks as well this year to hang like sails, feeling excited so if anyone has colorful, wacky, groovy, vibrant fabric to donate lets get it started sooner than later.

I am feeling connected to the community cafe area and while I would like to talk to Dion that is where my heart is.

Will chat with Dion in the near future and be in touch.

xx

Mary Bell 29 Jun 2015

I love the kids zone and family zone where it has been the last few years, no road or water front in the way and beautiful camping around the back. Also I dont think that the space at this wee festy is big enough for criket etc as camping needs that space, however if we could use the paddock..........

Mary Bell 29 Jun 2015

Love the island girl going tribal  :)

Mary Bell 29 Jun 2015

Nice one flag care lady :)   the patchworks sound awesome! I really missed your community cafe energy last year and I am glad you have found it again!!! Look forward to another magic little festival with all you lovelies

dwagner 29 Jun 2015

I just wrote heaps and lost it so..this will be short and sweet :)

Have spoken with dion and we are happy to look after community cafe/volunteer artist feeds.

Kidzone by the river makes me a bit nervous as the water is quite full on pushing in. I reckon peeps running kids activities have it easier if water side activity is not involved. Leave that to the parents. Paddock space kidzone could be sweet....heaps could happen with the trees and structures, open space and sunshine.

Stage placement was fantastic at winter solstice. if community stage shifted would it still be possible for community cafe to be along side it? always good being close to the entertainment if running a cafe. :)

xx

Brendan 29 Jun 2015

Nice one you guys. Let's take the tribal zone and the kitchen space as two clear examples. Assuming you guys are committed to these spaces, now is the time to list your requirements. How many woofers needed each? What infrastructure required? How many $$$ needs to be allocated to your zone? Barring some major erosion (yep, separate thread Guppy), the tribal zone's position is set and that space can be fully visualised and planned. Forgive me if I come across like I'm taking control. I'm not. I just dig the discussion.

The kitchen space, as Debs pointed out, works best when it's close to the community stage. Last year, I found that when I was in the main zone, I was 'in' the main zone and when I was in the community zone, I was 'in' the community zone, but if I was standing around the fire, in the neutral space between the two, I was in some god-awful mix-up of overflow from each space. A 'confusion zone' around the fire like. Not good.

I've just had a thought on how to remedy this without putting the kids (and parents) out too much. What if the kidszone and community space/kitchen swapped spots. I can fully see a kidszone in last year's community space. Say it doubles as a hang out and from sunset, is closed to kids??? Then it becomes part of the nightvibe as you travel from the main zone, thru the kids, the glowzone, market, kitchen and onto the community space. Family camping can stay where it is and will have a community soundtrack to boot.

By the way, I'm keen on the kidszone again but if there is an abundance of offers in the area, I'm keen to help out with the community space. If anything I can see there being a lack of community involvement in the main zone and I might yet invest my energy there.

By the way, there's a graphic attached to the first post of last year's layout. I can't get it to appear ala Craig's seedball pic so for now, if you need a visual aid, you'll have to double-click folks.

Mary Bell 29 Jun 2015

I just wanted to ask why we couldnt keep the community cafe/ community stage where they were last year. I love the area and flow between them both, also good layout for kids if they get up in the night looking for parents. Wondering what the motivation was for change? With Debs bak on board the community space will regain the vibe that it was a little flat in last year. The only thing I could see needing some thought was making sure that sounds coming out of the zones werent competing with each other and that the commmunity zone had a harmonious beat through the night for the families  rather than some band type music which is hard to sleep through in family camping. I am up for change but in this case I am wondering why we are looking to shift what worked so well at the last festival?   HOwever I will note that as the community stage shifted slightly to allow for the sound desk at back, this did cause a lack of flow from space to space.... It was cut short by a few metres which made the overflow space a little conjested and less of a natural flow. 

Mary Bell 29 Jun 2015

I just wanted to ask why we couldnt keep the community cafe/ community stage where they were last year. I love the area and flow between them both, also good layout for kids if they get up in the night looking for parents. Wondering what the motivation was for change? With Debs bak on board the community space will regain the vibe that it was a little flat in last year. The only thing I could see needing some thought was making sure that sounds coming out of the zones werent competing with each other and that the commmunity zone had a harmonious beat through the night for the families  rather than some band type music which is hard to sleep through in family camping. I am up for change but in this case I am wondering why we are looking to shift what worked so well at the last festival?   HOwever I will note that as the community stage shifted slightly to allow for the sound desk at back, this did cause a lack of flow from space to space.... It was cut short by a few metres which made the overflow space a little conjested and less of a natural flow. 

Pages

Please Note:   The content, views and opinions on these forums are the sole responsibility of its authors. The content has not necessarily been reviewed by the sponsors or administrators of this website. Submit feedback about this content

Copyright © 2009 - 2019 Karamea Community. All rights reserved.

Contact - Feedback - Enquiries

Scroll to Top