Comments (20)

Laura 19 Jan 2017

Awesome Guppy thanks :)

Dion told Kaia he was going to source the fruit, so that's all good :)

Moving disco........quadbike/trailer/gen? From Kidzone to beach with the kids following the disco? Bit of decoration on the trailer maybe?

Once on the beach maybe do the driftwood sculptures and burn them later when it's dark?

Where to source quad plus trailer tho.....

just throwing ideas around :)

dguppy 19 Jan 2017

Dave is gonna be the man to ask for the quad bike and trailer. Debs is on board to help facilitate sculpture build. Need a disco facilitator. Wanted to encourage space themed dress up for disco. Quad bike themed up too? Will dressed up kids be into sculpture build? Or maybe other way around, sculpture build, followed by dress up, followed by disco, followed by burning? Depends a bit on tides and e zone time tabling if we were going to incorporate that.....probably a Saturday thing? liking the general direction.........

dwagner 19 Jan 2017

Hey good one, here we are!

Happy to put hand up for wood sculpture/ burning mission with kids. Keen to have at least one other on board for this.

Also hoping to set up musical creations with in the kid zone for kids to have a go on when it suites....maybe even a workshop with the kids on drumming? Would be good to have a look at where this can be set up on the 28th. Any musical creations will be most welcome....home made natural (mostly) goodness.

Liz K 20 Jan 2017

Awesomeness.

I've got a silver 2-3 man tent cover that could be made into a UFO shady place or whatever you fancy.  Also a roll of silver under floor insulation that could be cut for dangly stars/comet streams/whatever :)

D's got catering tin foil on his list

dwagner 21 Jan 2017

Liz, I will take you up on the offer of the insulation paper, will try and stop in mid week to pick up from you when it suites you as well. I assume this is at Cheryls?

Kaia and Laura, hoping you can post a list of supplies needed by Sunday night. Need to order stuff ASAP so things are here for the workshop next weekend. 

Would be good to also think and post a list of what we need to collect to make musical instruments for the KidZone....

Great night last night...

x

dwagner 21 Jan 2017

Sina, are you out there? :) 

Are you happy to help out with these alien creations? Would be good to go down to the Oparara to see what is left of the octopus that Sascha made last year and if any of that would be useable. If supple jack or willow is used then best to start collecting now. We have an art workshop happening next weekend at the Oparara and that could be a good excuse to get together and create. Thoughts?

x

Kaia 21 Jan 2017

just trying to do the login thing so this is just a trial-message..

dwagner 25 Jan 2017

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a large amount of white acrylic/tempera paint they would like to donate towards the workshop this weekend for KidZone decor? Ordered 2L on line but they were out and it would not be available till after the festival. Will get something suitable in Westport on Friday if I don't hear from anyone sooner.

Cheers!

dwagner 25 Jan 2017

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a large amount of white acrylic/tempera paint they would like to donate towards the workshop this weekend for KidZone decor? Ordered 2L on line but they were out and it would not be available till after the festival. Will get something suitable in Westport on Friday if I don't hear from anyone sooner.

Cheers!

Gary B Smith 25 Jan 2017

Hi All :)

Have had confirmation from various people wanting to do workshops with the kids

Ashliegh - building fairy houses out of cob

Sachi - apron puppet show and origami (Saturday and Sunday morning only)

Natalia - crafty space (she actually made this a general space but thought it might be good to combine this with Kaia's idea?)

Stella - aerial workshops (available all the event)

Oscar - performance/songs

I also have someone offering yoga... however they have yet to confirm...

I have other options to explore and will get back to you soon with the results :)

Cheers

Gary

Pages

Please Note:   The content, views and opinions on these forums are the sole responsibility of its authors. The content has not necessarily been reviewed by the sponsors or administrators of this website. Submit feedback about this content

Copyright © 2009 - 2019 Karamea Community. All rights reserved.

Contact - Feedback - Enquiries

Scroll to Top